Online ordering and daily drop-offs have become commonplace for many homeowners. You love the benefit of having items dropped right at your main entry, but there is a downside. Those packages sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you have the chance to protect yourself from it by installing a doorbell camera as part of your home’s security. These components are effective tools to combat package theft, but they provide a lot more.
Take a second to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be an integral facet of your smart home.
Advantages of a College Station video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells provide a range of advanced features, and the technology keeps improving. You are now able to implement detection zones, speak to people on your porch, and receive instant updates whenever something is delivered.
The simplest way to understand how a College Station video doorbell camera works is to look at the various benefits it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active theft deterrent: You won’t get this on all models, but there are several smart video doorbells that take an active role in discouraging burglary with warnings that can be seen and heard. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know someone is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You need to see the whole picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your entry and items on the ground. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- Vivid images no matter the hour: What’s the benefit of having a doorbell camera if the images are grainy and challenging to see? Top models will give you exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is dropped off? You are able to enjoy immediate alerts from video doorbells that can tell the difference between visitors and boxes.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is there somebody lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio gives you the chance to inquire about their purpose for being there. You might even utilize this helpful feature to frighten off people hanging around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the opportunity to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the space to be monitored will help you minimize false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Easy access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the opportunity to view real-time and saved video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like you’ve never been before, as you are able to access them from the palm of your hand, no matter where you are. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even permit you to communicate with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into game-changers in terms of protection and convenience.