What to look for in a home security camera in College Station
When it comes to your home’s security, it just helps to get a complete view of your property This is a primary reason why security cameras are among the best tools to consider as you design your smart home’s security. Although standalone cameras are beneficial when configured properly, they’re even more helpful when incorporated into your home’s smart home system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in College Station? You’ll be pleased to know these critical devices have more features than earlier versions. You may watch live feeds from inside cameras or surprise intruders with incorporated deterrents from outdoor cameras. You’ll even enjoy immediate access to your surveillance devices through a centralized touchscreen panel or cell phone app.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in College Station
Multifaceted and simple-to-use security cameras will take your property’s protection to a higher level. These crucial parts of your security system are available with an impressive array of features including two-way talk, night vision, and convenient cell phone access. Explore the options available to you here.
- Forceful deterrents: Install a security camera that will take action automatically. If unusual behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid ring of red light will emerge around the lens and an audible alarm will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers well-defined views of your property at any hour. Your cameras will even maintain their crisp imaging as you zoom in on specific spots.
- Video storage: Choose surveillance with cloud storage options and the chance to review footage straight from your mobile device app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in College Station are often linked to a handy smartphone app. You have the opportunity to review current footage or saved clips and even engage or disengage your alarms. The Vivint App will deliver an alert to your phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detection: Integrated motion detection allows cameras to activate whenever strange movement is detected. You’ll even be alerted with an update on your smartphone.
- Speak to anyone at your door or family: Would you welcome the chance to check in with your kids once they get home from school? Is there a visitor at your main entry? Modern surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient two-way talk so you may chat with the people within range of your camera.
- Improve your perspective: Generally speaking, your exterior cameras should provide no less than a 120° view. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides 140° angle viewing.
- Customizable zones: This benefit allows you to program the exact part of your property you wish your camera to cover. This is important to optimize the activity you watch as you aren’t going to want updates whenever a car goes by in front of your house.
Configure your own Vivint smart home system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in College Station. The next step is to get started on your custom Vivint smart home. Call (979) 356-2138 to get started or complete the following form to contact our professionals.